Wednesday 14 October 2015

a hodge-podge of off beat jazz vol. 2 sunbeam lp

Here's a record I ripped last week and didn't get round to posting yet. I have volume 1 to share as well
I'm not sure what's off beat about Duke ellington's well known hot and bothered or Johnny Dodd's bull fiddle blues and these are on a lot of reissuesin better sound quality, but there's some pretty obscure and good stuff on here! tell me what you think.
here's the list
Sugar Babe, I'm Leavin' - Blue Steele
'Deed I Do - Ben Pollack
Some Sweet Day - Caroline Club Orchestra
Lady Luck - Johnny Hamp's Kentucky Serenaders
11:30 Saturday Night - Fess Williams & His Royal Flush Orchestra
Clementine - The Goofus Five
Deep Hollow - Garden Dancing Palace Orchestra
Tiger Rag - Charles Dornberger
Bull Fiddle Blues - Johnny Dodd's Washboard Band
Twelfth Street Rag - Abe Lyman
Lovable And Sweet - The Charleston Chasers
Hot And Bothered - Duke Ellington
Mama's Gone Goodbye - Thelma Terry & Her Playboys
Less Than That - Carson Robinson
March Of The Hoodlums - Eddie Lang
Alabama Stomp - Walter Anderson

here's the link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxcbDxwEjACvNGxaRHhlSkNmbE0/view?usp=sharing

1 comment:

  1. I like it! The thing I like about these is the variety and that it's not too long. CD's of the complete works of so-and-so including alternate takes, are a bit too much at one sitting, they put me into a coma more often than not. Anyway, most of these songs are now on CD but a few are new to me, especially the tasty thing by Carson Robison. He mad a gazillion country records but I don't know of many jazzier things except "Stuff" and "Nonsense" both on Youtube.

    ReplyDelete