Monday 29 July 2013

west coast jazz vol. 2, 1925 to 1931

This is a fantastic lp of very rare recordings but it is quite hissy and the transfers are muddy or some of them, i'd say for collectors oly if the music wasn't so great! I'm guessing most of this is by white bands. We have the first sides recorded by Fred Elizalde here before he came to england and the last track seems to be from a recording for cinima cues or something but features a great small band with piano backing a bit of an annette hanshaw sound alike!
tracks are

Charleston Charley (Wilshire Dance Orchestra) --
Cheatin' on me (Eddie Frazier and his Plantation Orchestra) --
Everything is hotsy totsy now (Eddie Frazier and his Plantation Orchestra) --
Milenburg joys (Carlyle Stevenson's El Patio Orchestra) --
That certain feeling (Fred Elizalde's Cinderella Roof Orchestra) --
Boneyard shuffle (Fred Elizalde's Cinderella Roof Orchestra) --
Wabash blues (Fred Elizalde's Cinderella Roof Orchestra) --
Sincerely I do (Tom Gerunovitch and his Roof Garden Orchestra) --
I'm telling you (Tom Gerunovitch and his Roof Garden Orchestra) --
I found you out when I found you in (Tom Gerunovitch and his Roof Garden Orchestra) --
Alabama stomp (Jack Danford and his Ben Franklin Hotel Orchestra) --
On the Alamo (Jack Danford and His Ben Franklin Hotel Orchestra) --
Tio san (Claude Sweeten and his R.K. Olians) --
On the Alamo (Claude Sweeten and his R.K. Olians) --
Fool me some more (Mezzanine Melodies).
here's the link, enjoy!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17525699/west%20coast%20jazz%20vol.%202%2C%201925-31.rar

2 comments:

  1. A lot of great tunes/records I've never heard before. Note- the track labeled Everything is Hotsy Totsy Now includes the next track Milenburg Joys so the titles for the rest of what is side one are mistitled and are really the next song in the list, I think everything is back to normal after the track labeled Wabash Blues (really Sincerely I Do). Thank you for a great record I'm sure I would never have otherwise heard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi thanks for pointing that out, my mistake! I might rerip it in that case or put cues where they should be and reupload.
    Thanks again,
    Rob

    ReplyDelete